Wednesday, April 23, 2008


Sleeping like a baby....at least during the day!!
Well, Lilly is still a good sleeper, during the day that is. We still need to work with her on understanding that day time is when you need to be awake and night time is when you need to sleep. She is just not aware of the way it works out here in the "real world." She is gaining weight each day and I think it is all in her cheeks, but she is still the cutest baby I have ever seen (not that I am biased or anything).
In other news, Fitz bought a 52 inch or 54 inch lawn tractor the other day from Sears. He is very excited for it to come in on Saturday so he can mow the lawn. Two of the other guys in the neighborhood have lawn tractors and I think Fitz was feeling left out by us not having one. Plus it does take a good 2-3 hours to mow our lawn, even with our spiffy self-propel mower. I am just glad that he is so excited that I might not have to mow the lawn for a little while. I on the other hand have been trying to get organized with all the "clutter" that I tend to keep. I have been meaning to put a scrap book together of my Hawaii Ironman (since 2006 I have been meaning to do this) and I started going through the box today. Well let me tell you, I have saved anything that came from our Hawaii trip including the stub from Hertz car rentals for our car in Oahu. All I managed to do with the box of memories was move it to a smaller box. I am just not feeling motivated to gather all the Hawaii memories and put them in a book, yet. Hopefully, that will come sometime soon. I think my lack of motivation comes from being in such a different place in my life, I just can't imagine doing all of that training again, and trying to push myself that hard. I am hoping that by 2010 (when I'm planning my next ironman) I will being back in that "kill mode."
Fitz left for GA today, but "accidentally" missed his flight. In the hussle and bussle that is our lives right now, he thought his flight was at 4pm, so at 2:25pm when he was trying to check in online, he discovered he was actually booked on the 2:35pm flight. Oh, well! The travel department told him to head on to the airport and just say he got a flat tire on his way and they should book him on the later flight. I suppose we both need to work on organization. I am hoping to head to my folks house this afternoon and then go for a short run. Yesterday, I managed 25 min of running without too much trouble, so we will see what today brings. I am so lucky that my folks are so close and my Mom does not mind watching Lilly while I workout. We still need to work on my Dad being the "grand-dad" type, but I have faith in him.

No comments: