Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Frenzy that is Pre-Thanksgiving
So things around here have been busy, but not really alot to report. Last week we were happy to have a visit from Aunt Chrissie and cousin Julia. Julia is almost exactly one year old then Lilly, so it was interesting to see what we are in for over the next few months. We managed a trip to the Aquarium, Fort Macon, the beach twice, a photo shoot of the cousins, and just hanging out. we had to adjust to the different schedules of the girls...somedays it seemed that we lost the whole morning with waking up times and naps. All in all a great time!!
Then on Saturday, I tried my hand at selling all the tutu's I have made....and it went pretty well. I made back my booth fee and then some...and now have gotten a request over email!! YEAH!! Fitz has been traveling like a crazy man...and I am looking forward to him coming home tonight. We have all been battleing a case of the cold weather crud, runnie noses, cough, and just feeling yuck! Fitz got over it first, and now Lilly and I are taking our turn. It's amazing to me how my level of patience decreases as I feel worse. And to top that "crud" off, I think Lilly is teething. She keeps pulling on her ear, and biting anything in sight. At her doctors visit on Tuesday, she did not have an ear infection, but did have some fluid in her her (that she had been pulling on) so he thought it might be related to her teeth. She seems to have bulges in her gum in the back of her mouth...maybe she's getting in her molars?! Who knows...I just hope we all feel better soon.
Today my little bro graduates from Dive school in PCB, FL. My folks made the 13+ hour trip down there to help him pack out, and they should start heading back today. We are looking forward to spending sometime with Uncle Bobby before he heads to.....Hawaii!! He is one of the chosen few who will be stationed in HI for 3 years!! I can't wait to go visit him!! BUT I will enjoy this time we get before he heads off. YEAH for Bob-O!
Next week we are planning a mad dash up to PA for Thanksgiving, things have not really been the same up there since my Pappy passed away in 2006, but with Lilly in tow we are hoping to revive some of the spirit. I am hoping to get a 4 generations photo of my Zanny, my Mom, me and Lilly....crazy to think that!!
Well, with Lilly napping I am going to turn on Fit TV and try to workout a bit!!

No comments: