Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Useful Products for New Mommy's ... at least in my opinion.
I'm not sure how important anyone finds my opinion, but I will share it anyhow. We have had alot of luck with the Pamper's Swaddlers diapers (no so with huggies brand). I'm not sure if it's just my baby, but we have had leaks only with the huggies and none so far with the pampers. The other item we have been trying is cloth diaper "systems," I have both covers that you put cloth diapers into and "all in one" models. They both have their pros and cons. My test products have been: Bum-genius 3.0 for the all in one model, and the Bummis Super Whisper Wrap for the cover. Price-wise they are nearly equal if the wrap ends up getting dirty and can only be used once. The pros are they are easy to clean and clean up very well. The 3.0 is a single use diaper, but is very easy to put on because it's all in one just like a disposable. The Wrap can be used more then once if it ends up getting dirty. I have not tested any over night because that seems to much to worry about after the 2am feeding. I can average about 5 cloth diapers a day and then I clean them each night (sort of a pain, but so far it has not really been a problem). Nursing products I have been happy with are LilyPadz nursing pads. They are silicon pads and although are not absorbent are more comfortable then the disposable pads. Also, the nursing tanks by Glamormoms are great for both home and being out. I'm sure there are more things I could comment on, but I'll stop for now.
In other news, Mr. Fitz has been working his head off for the P-P-ed not only is he working full days when the sun is up, he goes back to work after the sun goes down until near or after midnight. So we are rarely alseep at the same time, since when he's headed there; I'm getting up for the second feeding of the night. Sometime that will change!!
Tomorrow my Aunt Elise and cousin Kit come into town for a visit and to meet Little Lilly. Then at the end of the week more company comes; my Uncle Matt, Leslie, Wes, and my cousins Issac and Andrew. Then more company comes for the weekend; my Uncle John, Aunt Jan, and cousins Rachel, Janine and Stevie. We don't have any real plans; we can go surfing, hit the aquarium, walk around downtown Morehead and Beaufort, and then just hangout of course. Here's to family making the effort to get together!! Cheers!!

2 comments:

LZ said...

Hey Becky-
My sister actually started her own cloth diaper business a few months ago after she spent the first year making her own diapers for her baby. They are super cute and absorbent and everything. If you want more info or want to try another type, send me an email.
-Laurie

Alexander said...

The room looks great Bocky! I love the color.