Friday, February 22, 2008


Don't they know I'm an Elf....my 4 basic food groups are candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup?!
So it's official, I have ..... gestational diabetes. For those of you who know me it should have been obvious when I did not post on Wednesday after I got my test results back. I am still not 100% sure what this whole GD thing means but I have a at home glucose monitor that I am suppose to check my blood sugar 4x/day. I have an appointment at the doctor's office today to find out what else I need to change (I'm sure my high sugar norm will be out the door). From what I have read the biggest concern for the baby is that she will be LARGE due to the excess sugar she gets from me since I can't break it down like normal. I am not really sure how if would be possible for me at my current 28-29 week weight gain of 15lbs total to have an extremely large baby, but I suppose it could happen in the last few weeks. I am hoping they don't drastically change my diet, but if so I will make the necessary changes to help the baby come out as healthy as possible. And for all those baby showers in my future there might have to be some menu tweaking to account for my new condition. Wish me luck this afternoon.

No comments: