Tuesday, February 12, 2008



Does this mean no more frosted flakes?
So I had my 1 hour glucose test to see how fast I break down sugar....and I failed! I needed to break down the sugary drink to a level of 140 mg/dl in an hour, and my number was 147 mg/dl. Oh, no...what does this mean; I had not expected to fail this test so I was not prepared for this scenario. As it turns out I need to complete a 3 hour glucose tolerant test (GTT) next Tuesday, and this will determine if I have gestational diabetes. This simply means that during pregnancy my body is not efficiently breaking down sugars due to hormones and body changes. All other results were perfect; good blood pressure, weight gain, uterus growth, and baby’s heart beat. She was very active after I drank the fruit punch flavored sugar drink; I think she will be a sugar junkie like her Mom!!

No comments: