Wednesday, August 26, 2009


Doctor's Daughter...

Growing up I never really knew what my Dad did, I knew we has a doctor (a foot doctor to be exact), and that in general people liked and respected him both personally and professional. I can remember laying in bed while in middle and high school on a Saturday or Sunday morning and having the phone ring EARLY....rolling over to answer it, only to have someone asking for Dr. Hoover because they were in pain. Man did I hate those calls, I could never get back to sleep (or remember to relay the message to my Dad). Anyhow, I digress. I have knee pain, I mean the kind of knee pain that causes me to have trouble walking. I don't claim to be a tuff-y like my Lilly, but I don't usually crumble under the pain. But let me tell you , I don't know what I did, but I did it good! So in comes the great part about being a doctor's daughter....I get to have treatment on my knee as often as I need, at whatever time I can get there, and at no cost. So from yesterday of not being able to walk without a sever limp, to walking nearly normal today....I would say I'm one lucky gal. Not to mention that my Mom is ever ready to keep Lilly busy so I can treat my knee. Here's to a quick recovery for these ole knees, and hoping to put some more miles on them by 9/5 (that will be like 2 weeks off running, and in my world that's like a life time). Thanks Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Sorry to hear about your knees - if I can do any PT from afar let me know :) Hope you are back hitting the pavement again soon.