Monday, August 24, 2009

History of Hoop Pole Creek
Lilly and her ice cream cone
Getting some help from Eenie
Water Photo!
High Stepping through the High Tide
She loves some water.
Wet Feet=Happy Girl!
More Splashing!
Snails climbing the marsh grass to avoid the tide.
Water photo!
Heading up the path.
"what, it's time to go?"
"...but Momma I just want to play with the gravel."
Almost back.
Hoop Hole...I mean Pole Creek.
Ever have a place you've got to and talked about for years only to find out that it's got a different name. For years I have called this place Hoop Hole Creek, as a child we would go "giggin" for flounder (we never caught anything), and in recent times I have taken Lilly back for hikes and runs. Well when we went last weekend....I discovered that it was actually called Hoop Pole Creek! Oh, well! My folks and I took Lilly for her evening walk at the "creek" for a change of scene. We stopped for some ice cream on the way and Lilly just loves to walk and eat ice cream! We made it nearly to the end when I realized that at high tide some of the path is covered! Lilly did not mind at all, in fact it was hard to get her to come back. She's a water baby through and through! We are hoping to continue to enjoy the out of doors while the weather holds out!

No comments: