Saturday, April 07, 2012

Happy Birthday to you!
So sometimes when a childs birthday rolls around, parents will get all sentimental on how the "kids are growing up so fast", and "where does the time go" and "can't they just stay small." In case you don't know me personally, I am NOT one of those parents. I LOVE watching my kids grow and learn and become more and more of who they will be each day. Now don't get me wrong, I have to remind myself to not wish time away, but all in all I love birthdays and the "new" things that come with each passing day.
So this year my beautiful kiddos turned 4 and 2 on 4/4. Making this the first even numbered year in 4 years that I was not having a baby on 4/4! Yipee! We got to celebrate this wonderful day with egg hunts at school (yes I sent my kids to school on their birthdays), and then make your own bunny cookies. MJ took it to the extreme with dumping ALL of the sprinkles, colored sugar, and dots on his cookie. But he had fun doing it. We are having their party later in the month when people are not traveling for Easter and spring break.
On the home front, we are working hard to get our outdoor shower finished before it gets warm enough to spend time at the beach. We have the structure up, but need to do the plumbing. Fitz is not traveling as much, which is a nice change. And we are still working on the final plans for our adult only trip to France in the summer.

No comments: