Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A fabulous time of year.
We managed to celebrate Lilly's second birthday with with 15 of her closest friends. Well, at least 15 kids of similar age and that she could name them all :)! We decided to have an egg hunt to celebrate the big day and it was a huge hit...kids just love to be outside even though it was not one of the warmest of days (like in the 50's with a brisk wind). The kiddos loved it and the swing set but the parents were itching to get back inside to the warmth of the house. Lilly loved her party and is still not quite aware of the present concept. She opened them and then would just toss them aside, and move on to the next one. After we finally got her calmed back down from her sugar high and in her crib for a nap. We did a bit of cleaning and crashed ourselves; I think the party was harder on us then the kids. After nap time it was full into presents, and playing with everything. She loved all of her gifts, and we loved that my folks let us come over for dinner since we were still pooped and I was not able to plan for dinner.
Lilly's actual second birthday is Sunday (Easter), so we are going to have a very small celebration with my folks and some cupcakes! Little MJ is still holding on strong in my belly so we will see if he decides to come on Lilly's actual birthday; I have a check up tomorrow so we will see what they tell me. But I think all of the docs are happy that I am nearly 37 weeks along and basically full term. I just keep joking that this child will come out talking with all of the extra time he has spent in utero. My folks and friends are all on edge when I call them....in case it's "the call" luckily I have some great people surrounding me and ready to help out however they can. And since my parents don't sleep much anyhow, I am not worried about needing them to watch Lilly in the middle of the night. Here's to this baby boy making his debut soon so I can stop learning where each potty in carteret county is!!

1 comment:

LZ said...

Happy birthday to Lilly and soon to be MJ! Can't wait to hear how it all turns out. You will probably end up going all the way to 40 weeks just because Lilly was so early! Have a great Easter/Birthday!